Bianchi extends the availability of the famous Oltre aero frame platform, engineered with Countervail carbon technology with the release of the XR3 racing road bike.
Bianchi have announced the arrival of their new exciting high performance aero road bike, the Oltre XR3. The XR3 is the perfect combination of style, control, and advanced aerodynamics coupled with a progressive racing geometry make the XR3 one of the most exciting bikes of 2017.
Main Features of the XR3 Potenza:
- OLTRE XR3 carbon frame w/Countervail
- Compatible with mechanical and electronic shifting
- Ultra Thin Seat Stay technology for improved shock absorbtion an enhanced power transfer through increased compliance of the seat stays.
- Campagnolo Potenza groupset:
Power Shift 11sp Ergopower Levers
11sp Short Cage rear derailleur
11sp front derailleur
Ultra Torque System 52/36t crankset
Ultra Torque System bottom bracket OS-fit
Dual Pivot brakes (front and rear)
Bianchi have gained a lot of valuable knowledge since the release of the Oltre XR4 last summer. Not only that, riders across the world have started to understand the performance improvements offered by Bianchi’s revolutionary Countervail technology: that reduced ‘road buzz’ through vibration cancelling technology gives riders enhanced control and reduces muscle fatigue, meaning riders have more energy for riding or need less time recovering from hard rides.
Here is what Bianchi have to say:
"The result with the Oltre XR3 is a smooth ride and a racer who can stay focused in their fastest, most efficient aerodynamic position for longer. Oltre XR3 riders retain the best possible control, a significant advantage wherever and however you ride and race, with no compromise in power transfer from pedal-stroke to pedal-stroke. The XR3 is a fitting complement to its highly successful stablemate XR4. The new model is inspired by, and derived from, the XR4 which was developed in close conjunction with the pro riders of the UCI WorldTour Team Lotto NL – Jumbo. The proven benefits of the Countervail technology and the aerodynamic advantages of the Oltre XR4 are now shared with the XR3 model."
Bianchi claim that Countervail Technology results in the cancellation of up to 80% of the vibrations felt by riders, whilst increasing stiffness/compliance of frames and forks for increased efficiency.
TECH FEATURES: FRAME
- Carbon Monocoque technology
- High strength + medium modulus carbon fibers with Countervail material
- Unidirectional carbon woven
- Aero shape and design
- BB set Press fit 86.5 x 41
- Internal cable routing
- Full carbon dropout with metal insert
- Weight in 55 size: 1110g (+/- 5%)
- Full carbon 1.1/8” to 1.5” with Countervail material
- Head crown tube 1.5” with integrated design for perfect head tube connection
- Wide blades
- Reactive geometry
- Super rigid
- Light weight
- Weight: 370g
- Aero seatpost with integrated look and adjustable head clamp offset 25mm or 10mm
- Hidden seatpost clamp for perfect aerodynamic design and aesthetically pleasing
- Tapered aero headtube 1.1/8” to 1.4”, inspired by Oltre XR4 profiles